Dr. Aanchal Panth
Dr. Aanchal Panth is a Consultant Dermatologist and Chief Hair Transplant Surgeon having an experience of 8 years. She accumulated vast knowledge and in-depth understanding of Clinical Dermatology During Her M.D at India’s Most Elite Medical Institution, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. She is also an experienced Dermatosurgeon and skilled with all types of lasers. She has performed over 500 Successful Hair Restoration Surgeries. She is one of the few Hair Transplant Surgeons in the country who have been able to successfully transplant as high as 9000 grafts in a single patient resulting in a very high density.
With the ever-increasing demand for that perfect flawless skin during the later years of their life, nowadays more and more teenagers have started following various types of skincare routines during their younger years in order to get well-toned and clear skin which is somewhat essential to give them that extra boost of self-confidence. But with such a wide variety of skincare routines available, we bring to you the Dermatologist approved routine that you can follow if you are a teenager from the famous Dermatologist Dr. Aanchal Panth.According to Dr. Aanchal Panth, keeping one’s skincare routine as simple as possible during the teenage years is the best option as this usually is the time when teens begin to experiment with makeup and often end up with problems such as acne eruptions, allergies, inflamed skin, and other skin and hair problems. So, the best way to avoid all these problems is not just to follow a simple skincare routine but also to use sunscreen on a regular basis irrespective of whether you are going out in the sun or just staying indoors. Here are a few skincare routines which you can consider without having to worry about any potential harm or damage to your skin.
For Oily/ Combination Skin:
Moisturizer:Use a light gel-based moisturizer every time you wash your face.
- If you have oily skin, use a salicylic acid-based face wash.
- You can use a face wash that contains Benzoyl Peroxide if you have acne on your face.
- How to correctly use the face wash- Apply the face wash on your wet face, lather it, leave it on for 2-3mins and then wash it off.
Sunscreen:Using a gel-based sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 on a regular basis can give best results.
Diet:If you suffer from acne frequently, minimizing your sugar and milk intake may prove to be helpful.
How to control and get rid of that stubborn acne:
- Use of benzoyl peroxide gel or salicylic acid as spot treatment.
- Picking on your skin or trying to pop your acne will leave behind a scar or a dark spot. So, avoid doing that.
- If your acne still doesn’t resolve and is getting severer, visiting a good Dermatologist and getting it treated is the best option.
- Do not wash your face for more than twice a day.
- Minimise the use of concealers and foundations.
- Do not sleep with your makeup on. Always remove it at the end of the day using an oil-free makeup remover.
For Dry Skin:
- The most important component of skin care for people having dry skin is moisturizer.
- Using a moisturizer that contains liquid paraffin or shea butter or cocoa butter will help in hydrating your skin for a long time.
- A thick layer of moisturizer must be applied before going to bed at night.
- Light non-foaming face washes are best suitable for dry sensitive skin.
- Scrubs and foaming face washes must be avoided.
- Avoid washing your face using hot water.
Sunscreen:A cream or lotion formulation of sunscreen should be applied over your moisturizer.
Diet:Increase the amounts of foods rich in omega 3 & omega 6 fatty acids such as nuts, seeds (flax seeds, chia seeds), fish, and seafood in your diet.
- To prevent your skin from drying further, the air conditioner temperature must not be kept very low, and avoid sleeping directly under a fan.
- Try using oils such as almond oil or coconut oil to remove makeup.
For Normal Skin:
Moisturizer:Using a light water-based moisturizer twice a day or after every time you wash your face is essential to maintain healthy skin.
Facewash: A non-foaming face wash can be used twice a day for washing your face.
- Gel formulations of sunscreens with a minimum SPF of 30 must be preferred for regular use.
- The sunscreen should be re-applied every 2 hours.
Diet:Increase the amounts of foods rich in omega 3 & omega 6 fatty acids such as nuts, seeds (flax seeds, chia seeds), fish and seafood in your diet.
Other Tips:Removing makeup properly before going to bed can prove beneficial in avoiding acne.
As each and every skin type is different and so are our body structures externally and internally, so when it comes to skincare there is no ‘one size fits all formula applicable. You need to be sure of your skin type and then follow the skincare routine which is best suitable for your skin. With a little effort made in choosing the right moisturizer, face wash, and sunscreen and a few modifications in your diet, you are sure to achieve that bright, radiating, and glowing skin.